Posted: Nov 08, 2021
The Business Administrator is responsible for project and office administration functions for Platecon. The Business Administrator shall have the ability to work independently, be able to prioritize tasks and to work well when faced with tight deadlines. The candidate must be extremely flexible and service-oriented to function in a continuously demanding and dynamic environment. The person must be resourceful in order to act on demands and to resolve issues as they arise.
The management approach is team-oriented. Open communication between this position, the Project Services Team, support personnel and Head Office representatives is essential. This position plays a key role in providing support to the project team and ensuring that the division’s administrative, purchasing, payroll, and logistical policies are applied consistently.
All employees must work together to meet and exceed the requirements of our Safety & Quality Management Programs. We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations while providing a safe working environment for everyone.
- Provide assistance to supervisors and employees on policies, procedures and human resource related activities
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager
- Ensure confidentiality of all work where applicable
- Ensure paperwork for new hires is completed and submitted to the payroll department in a timely manner.
- Understand the collective agreement and bring discrepancies of application of the agreement to attention of management.
- Manpower Allocation including collection, review, time entry, balancing and reporting.
- Complete purchasing requisitions
- Reconcile Time and Material Records with hours worked ensuring all manpower is recorded as necessary. Ensure Supervisors allocation to time and material work.
- Assist in the recruitment of trades personnel for projects.
- Assist logistical support for personnel including travel arrangements and accommodation
- Assist with logistical support for timely delivery and distribution of goods and initiate expediting where necessary.
- Review the company reporting structure with new employee
- Other job duties as assigned
- Written communication – good writing and reporting skills, clear, accurate and concise
- Oral communication – speaks clearly, listens carefully; questions, adapts vocabulary appropriately, good presentation skills
- Computer skills -. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access
- Results oriented – gets job done right, delivers results, continuously improves, demonstrates energy and enthusiasm; service-oriented
- Flexible – willing to change priorities, takes on additional responsibility as necessary
- Initiative – self-starter; perceives a need and fulfills it in an effective and efficient manner
- Efficient – understands Company priorities and translates them into work responsibilities, structures and organizes work and resources to maximize efficiencies
- Manages change – plans for and is proactive about change, fosters an environment where supervisors develop, problem solve, helps team members through change
The successful individual will possess a post-secondary diploma in business or office administration, has a strong understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and 1-3 years administrative experience. This position will require the day-to-day interaction with employees, strong communication skills are essential.
If you are ready to join a high performance, detail-oriented team, we want to hear from you. Please submit your detailed resume on or before Nov 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all who apply; however, only applicants who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
Platecon, a RothLochston Company, is an equal opportunity employer.